Sunday, March 29, 2009

Its All About FOOD

26 March, Thursday-
I was at 昇松 looking for a veggie to cook for tonight's dinner. Walk around the veggie section for a few minutes, saw the usual spinach(波菜),lettuce(生菜),and baby spinach (苋菜苗)these are good for quick meal, just blanch it in boiling water with oil and salt and serve with some oyster sauce, Wa-La! But since I have a bit of time on hand today, I decide on Wong Bok (黄芽白).

Next I need some meat to go with it, first thing comes to mind is roast pork(烧肉),but the ones on sale don't really look appetizing, so went over to the pork section and saw this interesting 小猪颈肉. Never seen this before, it has very obvious 'lines' on it.

It turns out not too bad for me, I've cut the meat along the lines instead of across it. It taste good (thanks to my seasoning :-)) the texture is pretty smooth but just a bit too chewy for my wife and MIL. Make a mental note that next time I will cut the meat across the lines! But maybe next time I might venture in Wong Bok with Dried Scallops (干贝扒津白)AGAIN! HAHA....

27 March, Friday-
Had lunch at Toa Payoh 海洋咖喱鱼头 with my colleagues, 7 of us. Personally I like the Fish Head (of cause), the Otah was very nice, you can really bite into chunks of fish meat inside.The cockles(蚶) taste good too, but would not recommend the 虾酱鸡.

This coffeeshop is packed during lunch time, the funny thing is that there are at least 3 other stalls that are operating inside but I could not see anyone ordering food from them. I have seen this before, at Bt Merah View, there is this Teochew Porridge stall that is so popular during lunch and dinner that I have seen several owners tried to run a ZiChar (煮炒)stall in the same coffeeshop but failed! Its not that the food is not good, it simply because people who wanted to try out other food there just couldn't find a seat!

29 March, Sunday
We have a little gathering at SIL's place, and dinner was at Bedok 416 金隆海鲜. SIL strongly recommend it. Food taste good, not superb, but reasonably decent. The winning factor would be their pricing, check out our menu:
1. 亚叁鱼头
2. 清炒菠菜
3. 虾酱鸡
4. 菜圃豆腐
5. 香槟排骨
6. 咕噜肉
7. 煎蛋
8. 豉汁苦瓜鲨鱼唇
There are 6adults and 3 teenagers, excluding 恩姐&惠妹。
The final bill, including of rice and towels came up to $90. Is that cheap or is that cheap??? HAHA.... Will definitely re-visit this stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment